Covenant of Mayors Office
1, square de Meêus
The Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) is an easy way to find your answers about the Covenant of Mayors Covenant of Mayors The Covenant of Mayors is the mainstream European movement involving local and regional authorities in the fight against climate change. It is based on a voluntary commitment by signatories to meet and exceed the EU 20% CO2 reduction objective through increased energy efficiency and development of renewable energy sources. . A question? Please check the FAQ page.
- What is the Covenant of Mayors?
- What commitments do the Covenant signatories have to fulfil?
- What do the Covenant signatories get in return?
- What is a Baseline Emission Inventory?
- Is it possible to use existing tools for calculating the CO2 emissions?
- Which is the baseline year for calculating the CO2 emissions?
- What is the scope of the Baseline Emission Inventory?
- Which approach may be chosen when establishing the Baseline Emission Inventory?
- Which CO2 emission factors should be used?
- Where can the Covenant signatories get additional LCA emission factors for biomass and renewable energies?
- Can the renewable electricity installations – owned or operated by the local authority outside its territory – be considered in the Baseline Emission Inventory (BEI)?
- Can the Covenant signatories include emission data on agriculture/forestry/fishing within the Baseline Emission Inventory (BEI)?
- When to carry out a Monitoring Emission Inventory (MEI)?
- What is a SEAP?
- What is the scope of the SEAP?
- Which sectors/fields of action are considered in the SEAP?
- Will an updated version of an already existing Sustainable Energy Action Plan (SEAP) be sufficient to fulfil the requirements of the Covenant of Mayors?
- When to submit the SEAP?
- How to submit the SEAP?
- How in practice can a group of Covenant signatories submit a joint Sustainable Energy Action Plan (SEAP)?
- How to request an extension of your SEAP submission deadline?
- What if the SEAP has not been submitted within the deadline?
- What happens once the SEAP is submitted? - the SEAP assessment
- What is a SEAP template?
- Why are there different versions (html/xls) of the SEAP template?
- In the SEAP template, should the Covenant signatories only report on data of their Baseline Emission Inventory (BEI) or can they share further inventories already compiled since the baseline year?
- In the SEAP template, should the Covenant signatories also report on some of the actions already carried out causing considerable CO2 emission reductions?
- In the SEAP template, under which sector/field of action shall the Covenant signatories report on the actions and measures of the SEAP?
- In the SEAP template, how to estimate CO2 reductions per sector by 2020?
- What if your CO2 reduction target has a different horizon than 2020?
- What is an implementation report?
- What should the implementation report include and when should it be submitted?
- How to submit the implementation report?
- What is a Covenant Coordinator?
- What you can expect from the Covenant Coordinators?
- What are the benefits of becoming a Covenant Coordinator?
- How to apply?
- What is a Covenant Supporter?
- What you can expect from the Covenant Supporters?
- What are the benefits of becoming a Covenant Supporter?
- How to apply?
- Why should the LAREAs be involved in the Covenant of Mayors?
- What are the potential roles and tasks of the LAREAs?
- How to be involved in the Covenant of Mayors process?
The Covenant of Mayors
The Covenant Step by Step
As a Local Authority
As a Province or Region
As a Network of Local Authorities
As an Associated Partner